Posted by Jolene Nieves on August 01, 2016 at 11:56 AM
On Wednesday, July 27, City Hall's Dilworth Park became the most colorful, fun-filled play zone in the city of Philadelphia. More than 1,000 kids came out to participate in the Day of Play Extravaganza, the only kids-focused event during the Democratic National Convention.
From organized group play, like four square, to a musical and dance performance about health and wellness, the Day of Play Extravaganza had something for everyone. It was a feel-good day and our message of 60-minutes of active play everyday as part of a healthy lifestyle was right at the center of it.
I want to take a brief moment to thank all of the sponsors and partners who made the Day of Play possible.
- Sikora Wells Appel
- Community Design Collaborative
- Center City District
- City of Philadelphia
- The Mayor's Fund for Philadelphia
- City of Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
- Councilman Bobby Henon
- City Commissioner Lisa Deeley
- Health Promotion Council
- American Airlines
- Sparkling Ice
- Smith Memorial Playground
- Sterlen Barr- Rapping About Prevention
- Public Workshop
- City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program
- Media Mobilizing Project
- KIND Bars
- Katie Cavuto MS, RD
- The Philly Jumping Jems Double Dutch Team & League
- Garces Foundation
- Garces Group
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Drexel University
- Brûlée Catering
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
I also want to thank all of my fellow members of City Council who stopped by to see Philly Play and the Day of Play Extravaganza in full swing and who encouraged members of their staff to volunteer.
Check out more photos of the Day of Play Extravaganza here.