Posted by Jolene Nieves on August 25, 2016 at 3:02 PM
The Mayfair Business Improvement District, or Mayfair BID, is looking for a qualified, creative and motivated recent graduate or graduate school level intern to assist it this fall as the Capital Investments Intern.
Duties will include helping plan and facilitate public input sessions in Mayfair and drafting the BID’s 5Year Capital Plan, which will drive hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital improvements on Frankford Avenue and inform much larger government and foundationfunded streetscape projects.
Interested parties should send a brief cover letter, resume, and (optional) relevant work sample by September 5th to:
Sam Siegel, Executive Director, Mayfair BID: email@example.com.
- The intern will report directly to our executive director and work on tasks independently and with BID capital improvements committee members. By the end of the fall semester, the intern will have seen our planning process through from start to finish, assisting with public input sessions and drafting and publishing our 5Year Capital Plan. Duties include assisting with:
- Producing material for public input sessions
- Facilitating activities at our 2nd and 3rd sessions: Saturday 10/15 and Wednesday 11/16
- Processing meeting results and drafting elements of 5Year Plan
- Laying out presentation boards, print copy, and web content for final plan
- Designing and administering online survey for input regarding capital improvements
- Project management of Year1 capital contracts, including landscaping along Frankford Avenue and a potential parklet project on Ryan Avenue
- BID interns work 1020 hours/wk, at the Mayfair BID office or remotely, as assigned.
- Interns must provide their own transportation to and from our office, located inside the Mayfair Community Center. Unfortunately, we cannot offer monetary compensation for interns at this time.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong graphic design, public speaking and technical writing skills
- Availability for public input sessions at the Mayfair Community Center: 9/8, 10/15, 11/16
- Previous experience with project management, event planning, meeting facilitation
- Working knowledge of process design, grant writing, state and local government Current graduate student tin a related field of study strongly preferred
- GIS mapping and advanced graphic design skills preferred
The position is unpaid. The full internship description is available here.