Posted by Jolene Nieves on August 02, 2016 at 4:38 PM
Did you know that senior citizens, individuals 65 years of age and older, can ride SEPTA for free? It's true. SEPTA Bus, Trolley, Subway, and Norristown High Speed services are free anytime and Regional Rail trips only $1 for seniors who show a valid form of ID (Driver's License, Non-Driver Identification Card, Railroad Retirement Card, Medicare Card or a PA Senior Citizen Transit ID Card).
My office is now equipped to help seniors apply for the PA Senior Citizen Transit ID Card. We have the applications and photo capabilities at my District Office location, 6730 Torresdale Avenue. All you need to do is stop by the office with an accepted form of ID.
Accepted forms of ID include:
- Armed Forces Discharge/Separation Papers
- Baptismal Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Veteran's Universal Access ID Card
- Resident Alien Card
- Yellow PACE Card (Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract for the Elderly)
- Passport/Naturalization Papers
- Pennsylvania ID Card (Non-Driver)
- Photo Drivers License
- Statement of Age Verification from the U.S. Social Security Administration
My staff has been trained and is ready to help seniors ride SEPTA for free! Come by anytime - no need to call ahead.
Learn more about senior fares or plan your trip here.