Posted by Jolene Nieves on October 19, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Today, team Henon helped sign up St. Adalbert seniors for the PA Senior Citizen Transit ID Card, which allows seniors, 65 years-old and older, to ride SEPTA Bus, Trolley, Subway, and Norristown High Speed services for free anytime and Regional Rail trips for only $1. In total, we registered 25 seniors.
We also stopped by the Delair Seniors group and signed seniors up for their free transit pass on Friday. In total, we helped 35 seniors on Friday.
But remember, my District Office (6730 Torresdale Ave.) is equipped to help seniors apply for the PA Senior Citizen Transit ID Card anytime. We have the applications and photo capabilities. All you need to do is stop by the office with an accepted form of ID.
Accepted forms of ID include:
- Armed Forces Discharge/Separation Papers
- Baptismal Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Veteran's Universal Access ID Card
- Resident Alien Card
- Yellow PACE Card (Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract for the Elderly)
- Passport/Naturalization Papers
- Pennsylvania ID Card (Non-Driver)
- Photo Drivers License
- Statement of Age Verification from the U.S. Social Security Administration
My staff has been trained and is ready to help seniors ride SEPTA for free! Come by anytime - no need to call ahead.